Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Visitation, July 2nd

St Elizabeth (c. 1st cen.), Mother, St John the Baptist; Hebron, Palestine; Feast day November 5

"Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb!  And how have I deserved that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?  For behold, the moment that the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the babe in my womb leapt for joy.  And blessed is she who has believed, because the things promised her by the Lord shall be accomplished."

St Mary (c. 1st cen.), Virgin, Mother of God; Nazareth, Palestine

"My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, because He has regarded the humility of His handmaid; for behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.  Because He that is mighty has done great things to me; and holy is His name.  And His mercy is from generation to generation to them that fear Him.  He has shown might in His arm; He has scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.  He has put down the mighty from their thrones; and has exalted the lowly.  He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty.  He has received Israel His servant, being mindful of His mercy, even as He spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed forever.  Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment