Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18th
Ss Leo and Paregorius (d. 260), Martyr; Southern Turkey

St Leo, on his own impending martyrdom, after the martyrdom of St Paregorius:  "I thank thee, O God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for not suffering me to be long separated from thy servant Paregorius.  I rejoice in what has befallen me as the means of expiating my past sins.  I commend my soul to the care of they holy angels, to be placed by them where it will have nothing to fear from the judgments of the wicked.  But thou, O Lord, who wills not the death of a sinner, but his repentance, grant them to know thee, and to find pardon for their crimes, through the merits of they only son Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen."

Bl Fra Angelico (1395-1455), Confessor, Painter; Tuscany

"He who does Christ's work must stay with Christ always."

No comments:

Post a Comment