Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

February 23rd
St Serenus (d. 307); Martyr; Greece

"It has pleased God to reserve me for this present time.  It seemed awhile ago as if He rejected me as a stone unfit to enter His building, but He has the goodness to take me now to be placed in it; I am ready to suffer all things for His name, that I may have a part in His kingdom with His saints."

Saint Boisil (d. 664); Prior, Confessor; Melross, England

"Never cease giving thanks to God for the gift of your religious vocation; always watch over yourself against self-love and all attachment to your own will and private judgment, as against your capital enemy; converse assiduously with God by interior prayer, and labour continually to attain to the most perfect purity of heart, this being the true and short road to the perfection of Christian virtue."

No comments:

Post a Comment