Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

May 25th
St Mary Magdalena di Pazzi (1566-1607), Virgin; Florence, Italy; Feast day May 25

"See what the infinite love of God has suffered for my salvation.  This same Love sees my weakness, and gives me courage.  They who call to mind the sufferings of Christ, and offer their own to God through His passion, find their pains sweet and amiable."

"O Love!  Love is not loved, not known by His own creatures!  O my Jesus! if I had a voice strong and loud enough that I could be heard by all men in all parts of the world, how would I cry out that this Love might be known, loved, and esteemed by all men as the only true incomprehensible good!  But the cursed poison of self-love robs men of this high knowledge, and renders them incapable of it."

"Is it possible that I should take any rest while I consider how much God is offended on earth?  O Love!  I do it by obedience, and to fulfill Your Holy Will."

"The Will of God is ever most amiable."

"How rich a traffic have we with God when we do everything with a pure and vehement intention to please and honor Him."

"Come, souls, come, love your God who so much loves you.  O Love, I die with mortal anguish when I see how little You are known and loved.  O Love!  Love!  if You find no place to rest in, come all to me; I will lodge You.  O souls created by Love, why do not you love?"

"It is impossible for one who does not love silence to take pleasure in divine things; before long he will throw himself into the very midst of the pleasures of the world."

"O Jesus, You have become foolish with love.  I say it and I shall never grow weary repeating it, love has made You foolish, My Jesus."

"He who has given himself entirely to the love of his Crucified Lord needs but to look at the cross to be buried in the contemplation of the boundless love that Jesus Christ has borne him."

"If in the course of his life, a man never spoke ill of his fellowman, I would consider him a saint."

"Say  nothing of an absent brother that you would not wish to say in his presence."

"When I am acting out of obedience, I am certain that I am doing the Will of God, but at other times this is not the case."

"Self-love is like the worm that gnaws at the root and destroys not only the fruit, but even the very life of the plant."

"The traitor that we have to fear most is self-love, for self-love betrays us as Judas betrayed Our Lord with a kiss.  He who conquers self-love has conquered all."

No comments:

Post a Comment