Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May 29th
St Conan and Sons (d. 275), Martyrs; Iconia, Turkey; Feast day May 29th

"Those who live according to the spirit of the world are fond of pleasures and ease; but those who live according to the Spirit of God,study to purchase the kingdom of heaven by pain and tribulation.  As for me, my desire is to forfeit my life here, that I may for ever reign with Jesus Christ."

St Cyril (3rd cent.), Martyr, Ceasarea, Palestine; Feast day May 29th

"I rejoice in suffering reproaches for what I have done.  God will receive me, with whom I shall be better than with my father.  I cheerfully renounce earthly estates and house, that I may be made rich in heaven.  I am not afraid of death, because it will procure me a better life."

St Bernard (1090-1153), Confessor, Doctor of the Church; Fontaine-les-Dijon, France; Feast day August 20th

" If we take away self-love, there will be no longer any reason for the existence of Hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment