Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

June 10th
St Margaret (1045-1093), Queen, Confessor; Scotland; Feast day June 10th

"I thank thee, Almighty God, that in sending me so great an affliction in the last hour of my life, thou wouldst purify me from my sins, as I hope by thy mercy."

"O Lord Jesus Christ, who by thy death hast given life to the world, deliver me from all evil."

St Anselm (1033-1109), Confessor, Bishop; Aosta, Burgundy; Feast day April 21st

"For how great is that light from which shines every truth that gives light to the rational mind?  How great is that truth in which is everything that is true, and outside which is only nothingness and the false?  How boundless is the truth which sees at one glance whatsoever has been made and by whom, and through whom, and how it has been made from nothing?  What purity, what certainty, what splendour where it is?  Assuredly more than a creature can conceive."

No comments:

Post a Comment