Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

June 20th
Bl Conor O'Devany (1532-1612), Priest, Martyr; Co. Down, Ireland;  Feast day June 20th

"Come, my brave comrade, noble soldier of Christ, let us imitate as best we can the death of Him who was led to the slaughter as the sheep before the shearer."

Bl Peter O'Higgins (1602-1642), Priest, Martyr; Ireland; Feast day June 20th

"So here the condition on which I am granted my life.  They want me to deny my religion.  I spurn their offer. I die a Catholic and a Dominican priest.  I forgive from my heart all who have conspired to bring about my death."

St Louis de Montfort (1673-1716), Priest, Confessor; Monfort-sur-Meu, France; Feast day April 28th

"The Most High, the Incomprehensible One, the Inaccessible One, He who is, deigned to come down to us poor earthly creatures who are nothing at all.  How was this done?  The Most High God came down to us in a perfect way through the humble Virgin Mary, without losing anything of His divinity or holiness.  It is likewise through Mary that we poor creatures must ascend to almighty God in a perfect manner without having anything to fear."






No comments:

Post a Comment