Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

June 11th
St Catherine of Genoa (1447-1510), Widow; Genoa, Italy; Feast day September 15th

"I say that, on God's part, I see Paradise has no gate, but that whosoever will may enter therein; for God is all mercy, and stands with open arms to admit us to His glory.  But still I see that the Being of God is so pure (far more than one can imagine), that should a soul see in itself even the least mote of imperfection, it would rather cast itself into a thousand hells than go with that spot into the presence of the Divine Majesty."

St Augustine (354-430), Confessor, Bishop, Father of the Church; Thagaste, Algeria; Feast day August 28th

"Who shall grant me to rest in Thee?  By whose gift shalt Thou enter into my heart and fill it so compellingly that I shall turn no more to my sins but embrace Thee, my only good?  What are Thou to me?  Have mercy, that I may speak.  What rather am I to Thee, that Thou shouldst demand my love and if I love Thee not be angry and threaten great woe.  For Thy mercies' sake, O Lord my God, tell me what Thou art to me.  Say unto my soul, I am Thy salvation.  So speak that I may hear, Lord, my heart is listening; open it that it may hear Thee say to my soul, I am Thy salvation.  Hearing that word, let me come in haste to lay hold upon Thee.  Hide not thy face from me.  Let me see Thy face even if I die, lest I die with longing to see it."


No comments:

Post a Comment