Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June 4th
St Quirinus (d. 303), Bishop, Martyr; Sisak, Croatia; Feast day June 4th

"The God whom I serve is everywhere; He is in heaven, on earth, and in the sea.  He is above all things, containing everything within Himself; and by Him alone everything subsists."

"I thank thee, O Lord, that I have borne reproaches for thy sake; and I beseech thee to let those who are in this prison know that I adore the true God,and that there is no other besides thee."

St Isidore (560-636), Bishop, Confessor, Doctor of the Church; Cartagena, Spain; Feast day April 4th

"If you would have a hope of being pardoned your sins at the hour of death, do penance for them while you are able.  But if you spend your life in wickedness, and still hope for forgiveness at your death, you are running a most serious risk.  Though you are not sure that you will be damned, your salvation is by no means more certain."






No comments:

Post a Comment