Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

June 21st
St Aloysius Gonzaga (1568-1591), Confessor; Castiglione, Italy; Feast day June 21st

"I am a piece of twisted iron.  I entered the religious life to get twisted straight."

"He who fears God, will do good."

"I want to be a prince in Heaven.  It is hard for a sovereign to save his soul."

"Father, I leave myself entirely in your hands, you can do what you like with me; but I tell you positively that God has called me to the Society of Jesus, and in resisting my wishes you are resisting the will of God."

St Jane Frances de Chantal (1572-1641), Widow, Foundress; Dijon, France; Feast day August 21st

"The only thing which is absolutely indispensable to prayer is our heart and, though if this part of us be not committed all the rest is only a hollow mockery, nevertheless with heart alone given to prayer we never lack for anything."






No comments:

Post a Comment