Pages

Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10th
Ss The Forty Martyrs of Sebaste (d.320), Martyrs; Sebaste, Armenia

"Lord, we are forty who are engaged in this combat; grant that we may be forty crowned, and that not one be wanting to this sacred number."

St Ambrose (340-397), Confessor, Doctor of the Church; Present day Trier, Germany; Feast day December 7th

"We possess all things in Christ, or rather Christ is all things to us.  If you would be healed of your wounds, He is a Physician; if you thirst, He is a living Fountain; if you fear death, He is your Life; if you are weary of the burden of sin, He is your Justification; if you hate darkness, He is uncreated Light; if you would reach Heaven, He is the Way; if you hunger, He is your Food."

Ven. Louis of Granada (1505-1588), Confessor; Granada, Spain

"Let me love You with all my soul, O Infinite Beauty.  Open my eyes that they may see Your beauty and close them to all things else.  Let all creatures, Lord, be a mirror in which I contemplate You, an image in which I see You, a ladder by which I rise to You, and a book wherein I read of Your grandeurs."

"Open my eyes, O Lord, and anoint them with the balm of Your grace so that I may see some small spark of Your splendor."

No comments:

Post a Comment