Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14th
Ss Acepsimas, Bishop; Joseph, Priest; Aithilahas, Deacon (d. 380), Martyrs; Assyria

"I return You the greatest thanks I am able, Christ, the Son of God, who have granted me this mercy, and washed me with this second baptism of my blood, to wipe away my sins."

Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471), Confessor; Kempen, Germany

"Good Jesus, strength and power of a soul suffering tribulation, teach me to accept all criticism and reproof with a calm spirit, and let me never show resentment in defending myself because of complaints unjustly made against me.  Rather, let me respond to them with gentle silence and, if I must speak, then let me answer my accusers in a pleasant and friendly tone."

St Francis of Assisi (1181-1226), Confessor, Founder; Assisi, Italy; Feast day October 4th

"Man should tremble, the world should quake, all Heaven should be deeply moved when the Son of God appears on the altar in the hands of the priest."

No comments:

Post a Comment