Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

March 8th
St John of God (1495-1550), Confessor, Founder; Montemayor-el-Novo, Portugal

"Give peace and quiet to my soul which greatly desires this.  O most worthy Lord, may this creature of Yours serve and praise You.  May I give my whole heart and mind to You."

St Augustine (354-430), Confessor, Bishop, Father of the Church; Thagaste, Algeria; Feast day August 28th

"Then shall I truly live, when I shall be quite filled with You alone, and Your love; now I am a burden to myself, because I am not entirely full of You.”

St Bonaventure (1221-1274), Bishop, Doctor of the Church;  Bagnoregio, Italy; Feast day July 14th

“If a person repeats often in his heart, Lord, when shall I love thee? he will feel an heavenly fire kindled in his soul much more than by a thousand bright thoughts or fine speculations on divine secrets, on the eternal generation of the Word, or the procession of the Holy Ghost.”



No comments:

Post a Comment