Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 23rd
St Alphonsus Turibius (1538-1606), Priest, Confessor; Vallodolid, Spain

"Time is not our own, and we must give a strict account of it."

Ss Victorian & c. (484), Martyrs; Carthage, Tunisia

"Tell the king that I trust in Christ.  If his majesty please he may condemn me to the flames, or to wild beasts, or to any torments; but I shall never consent to renounce the Catholic Church in which I have been baptized. Even if there were no other life after this, I would never be ungrateful and perfidious to God, who has granted me the happiness of knowing Him, and who has bestowed on me His most precious graces."

St Louis de Montfort (1673-1716), Priest, Confessor; Monfort-sur-Meu, France; Feast day April 28th

"Pray with great confidence, with confidence based upon the goodness and infinite generosity of God and upon the promises of Jesus Christ.  God is a spring of living water which flows unceasingly into the hearts of those who pray."



No comments:

Post a Comment