Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 12th
St Gregory the Great (540-604), Confessor, Pope, Doctor of the Church; Rome, Italy; Feast day March 12th

 “My little children, I conjure you, by Christ, our good Master, love affectionately, and this is enough. Love will teach you what to do. The unction of the Holy Ghost will instruct you.” 

St Peter Julian Eymard (1811-1868), Confessor; Grenoble, France; Feast day August 2nd

"When a spark of the Eucharist is placed in a soul, a divine germ of life and of all the virtues is cast into that heart.  This germ is sufficient of itself, so to say, to do much."

Thomas a Kempis (1380-1471), Confessor; Kempen, Germany

"Gentle Jesus, forgive me for having so often offended you, for so easily turning to vanities, and for not setting my heart on that which I have proposed to do.  How often I look back on the amount of time I spent on so many things, all far from important, while I paid no attention to your Passion.  You have preceded me along the narrow road, and with eyes dry I pass by as if your sorrows have no effect on me.  Remember my foolish heart and instill in it a loving remembrance of your most bitter Passion."

No comments:

Post a Comment