Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21st
St Benedict (480-547), Confessor, Founder; Norcia, Italy

"My words are addressed to thee, whoever thou art, that, renouncing thine own will, dost put on the strong and bright armour of obedience in order to fight for the Lord Christ, our true king."

"Let the sick be served in very deed as Christ himself."

"We have written this Rule, that by observing it in monasteries, we may shew ourselves to have some degree of goodness in life and a beginning of holiness.  But for him who would hasten to the perfection of religion, there are the teachings of the holy Fathers, the following whereof bringeth a man to the height of perfection." 

St Serapion (d. 370), Bishop, Confessor; Egypt

"The mind is purified by spiritual knowledge, (or by holy meditation and prayer,) the spiritual passions of the soul by charity, and the irregular appetites by abstinence and penance."

St Nicholas of Flue (1470-1487), Confessor; Sachseln, Switzerland

"My Lord and my God, take from me everything that distances me from you.
"My Lord and my God, give me everything that brings me closer to you.
"My Lord and my God, detach me from myself to give my all to you."

Bl Maria Candida of the Eucharist (1884-1949), Virgin; Cantanzaro, Italy

"When I receive Jesus in Communion, Mary is always present.  I want to receive Jesus from her hands, she must make me one with Him.  I cannot separate Mary from Jesus.  Hail, O Body born of Mary!  Hail, Mary, dawn of the Eucharist!"




No comments:

Post a Comment