Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

March 17th
St Gertrude (626-659), Virgin; Nivelles, Belgium

"I have chosen for my spouse Him, from Whose eternal beauty all creatures derive their glory, Whose riches are immense, and Whom the angels adore."

St Patrick (387-493), Bishop, Confessor; Kilpatrick, Scotland

"I now entrust my soul to God, Who is most faithful and for Whom I am an ambassador in my humble station....What return can I make to Him for all His goodness to me?  What can I say or what can I promise to my Lord since any ability I have comes from Him?  Suffice it for Him to look into my heart and mind; for I am ready and indeed greatly desire it that He should give me His cup to drink, as He gave it to others who loved Him....I ask God for perseverance, to grant that I remain a faithful witness to Him for His own sake until my passing from this life."

"Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ in me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ in breadth, Christ in length, Christ in height,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

"I arise today through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity, 
Through belief in the Threeness, 
Through confession of the Oneness of the Creator of creation.
Salvation is of the Lord.
Salvation is of the Lord.
Salvation is of Christ.
May Thy Salvation, O Lord, be ever with us."

No comments:

Post a Comment